ILEA is a non-profit organization centered around providing education and networking opportunities for those in the special events industry. The International Live Events Association, ILEA, is a global community of thousands of creative event professionals whose skills, expertise and experience power some of the most recognized and respected live events around the world.
ILEA members are creative directors and trade show managers. They are environmental designers and entertainment producers. They produce festivals, corporate meetings, social gatherings and marketing campaigns. They are decision makers and shot callers. They are part of multinational corporations and they are small businesses. But most of all, they have a passion for designing and executing live experiences.
Our members are situated around the world, on six continents. They have a global perspective and a constantly accelerating exchange of cross cultural ideas. With over thirty languages spoken within the society, being a world citizen is a must.
ILEA BY THE NUMBERS
49 global chapters
30 years strong
Our vision expresses our place in the world. It captures our reason for being and defines our direction as an association.
WE ARE THE PRINCIPAL ASSOCIATION REPRESENTING THE CREATIVE EVENTS PROFESSIONAL, GLOBALLY
Our brand values are a set of principles that we believe in; that define who we are, what we do and how we do it. Our brand values also help us to craft what we say and how we say. Each of our values are communicated internally throughout the organization and carefully explained. We tell people what our values mean to them and how they can share them.
Our core values are:
The International Live Events Association provides members and stakeholders:
To ensure a thriving global creative events profession.
- Collaborative networking
- Education and professional development
- Outward awareness and credibility
The History of International Live Event Association
ILEA, formally the International Special Events Society, was founded in 1989 to foster enlightened performance through education while promoting ethical conduct. ILEA works to join event and meeting professionals to focus on the "event as a whole" rather than its individual parts. ILEA has grown to involve over 5,500 members active in over 51 chapters throughout the world. The solid peer network ILEA provides helps special events professionals produce outstanding results for clients while establishing positive working relationships with other event colleagues.
For over 25 years ILEA has been a valued and trusted partner in the events industry. An industry that generates over $200 billion for the global economy and supports over four million jobs.
ILEA members are regarded as the very best in what they do, creating a powerful and influential community of event professionals around the world, working together to find new ways to communicate through the power of live events.
As our association continues to expand and engage, reaching new audiences and markets around the globe, so the ILEA brand continues to evolve. Today, we have a new brand vision and story to tell our clients, colleagues, suppliers and partners. ILEA is changing. We are launching our new vision to become a community of creative event professionals. A community that values creativity as part of our culture and our spirit. A community that is looking to the future with confidence and anticipation, and looking back at our achievements with pride.
- “I joined ILEA to stay informed, to network, to be involved with the events community. I got involved, I participated, I inspired and I was active in the organization. If I had not donated or got involved with ILEA Indiana in 1998, I would not have the strong business I have today. You must work the organization, don't sit back, don't stay silent! The more you get involved the more connections you make; which leads to building a stronger business and network of colleagues.” Gene Huddleston, Detail + Design & ILEA Indiana Past President
- "I really enjoy the opportunity to turn business relationships into friendships. That, to me, is the greatest value in ILEA over the years." Larry Sauer, Encore Entertainment
- “The relationships have been invaluable and built my business from day one. I tell every aspiring member of the event industry that membership in event organizations is needed. The education, networking and validity it brings to a company are keys to success!” Monica Richard, Mon Amie Events & ILEA Indiana Past President